W.D. O'Connell - Bill Phil Single Malt - Batch 4
Bill Phil is named after the founder’s great-grandfather William Philip O’Connell, a blacksmith from County Limerick. He was renowned for his hand-crafted turf-cutter known eponymously as the Bill Phil Sleán (pronounced shlawn). This whiskey is a throwback to traditional Irish whiskey from the days before coal came to Ireland. It’s sweet & smoky, with rich biscuit malt and citrus fruit flavors. Luxurious.
- Distilled at Great Northern Distillery, County Louth
- Matured exclusively in first-fill ex-bourbon casks
- Light smoke combined with citrus fruits and a rich biscuit malt
- Non chill filtered, no artificial colouring
- 47.5% ABV (95 Proof)
- Limited to just 696 750ml bottles
Distinctly peated with aromas of fresh charcoal and citrus fruits, revealing a palate with a rich creamy texture. The smoke, oak and spice intermingle beautifully, exposing rich biscuit malt, orchard fruits and a lengthening finish of sweet smoke.